Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
From Dr Phil's weight solution book, love the sound of it and will be on the lunch menu soon.
- 236.59 ml bulgur
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- 59.14 ml plain yogurt
- 29.58 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml mint leaf, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 354.88 ml cooked chicken, shredded
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and stir in water, set aside until water is absorbed and bulgur has cooled.
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice and curry powder.
- Fluff the bulgur with a fork, add tomatoes, onion, celery, herbs & seasonings and stir well.
- Add yoghurt dressing & chicken and toss evenly to coat.
- Cover & refrigerate for an hour at least to allow the flavours to mingle.
- Will keep up to 3 days in the fridge.
Mmmmm, very yummy lunch! I halved the recipe and it made 3 meals for me! Nice sharp tastes, loved the veggies and the lemon and curry flavors! Thanks! Made for Australian Recipe Swap-May 2010.
I loved this! It made a delicious and filling lunch for 4. The texture was perfect. Like French Tart, I did use extra curry powder. Made for *Aussie Swap*
This was fabulous and a bit different - we all loved it. I used left over chicken and heaped my teaspoons of curry powder - no changes were made. Just fabulous, Mandy !!