Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are a delicious side dish. I usually bake them alongside chicken in the oven and they come out so, so good. I've used this recipe on regular potatoes and that, too, is yummy. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (I use a little more)
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1. Preheat oven to 450. Halve the sweet potatoes and cut ech piece lengthwise into quarters. If they are big, cut each piece into thirds.
- 2. Toss with the oil, curry powder, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl.
- 3. Arrange in a single layer on a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 35-40 minutes.
These have great flavor!! I finally learned to put foil down on my baking sheet whenever I am roasting sweet potatoes in the oven because the sugars from the sweet potato burns. That is why you must turn these midway through or they will burn. I got busy doing other things and forgot to turn them in time and they got a little brown on one side so next time I am going to set my kitchen timer for midway through the cooking time instead of the whole cooking time then I will remember to turn them on time!! Curry tastes great with sweet potatoes, will definitely make again!!! Thanks!!
Exccellent! I actually just diced the potatoes to 1" squares and pan fried them. Perfect, soft inside and crispy outside.