Found this in an old Shape magazine at my parents. Haven't made it yet, but it looks tasty and simple to make. I just guessed at the servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth or 2 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups packed Baby Spinach, coarsly chopped
- 1/4 cup mint or 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1Microwave sweet potato on high for 4-6 minutes, until very tender.
- 2Split potato in half with knife (careful, it's hot!), scoop pulp into medium saucepan. Discard skin.
- 3Add coconut milk and mash until fairly smooth.
- 4Stir in broth, bell pepper, and curry powder. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Stir in beans and heat all the way through.
- 6Stir in spinach, keep stirring until just wilted.
- 7Serve and garnish with mint or cilantro and salt.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Sweet Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.7
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 658.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 153.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 32.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 45.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk