Recipe by Nicazz
Found this in an old Shape magazine at my parents. Haven't made it yet, but it looks tasty and simple to make. I just guessed at the servings.
Top Review by Valeria
This soup is wonderful because it's full of superfoods like spinach, sweet potato and coconut milk. It's also simple to make. I prefer to bake the sweet potato in the oven instead of microwaving. It does need a sprinkling of salt to bring out the flavors more, but not too much. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 2 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth or 2 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups packed Baby Spinach, coarsly chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mint or 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave sweet potato on high for 4-6 minutes, until very tender.
- Split potato in half with knife (careful, it's hot!), scoop pulp into medium saucepan. Discard skin.
- Add coconut milk and mash until fairly smooth.
- Stir in broth, bell pepper, and curry powder. Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in beans and heat all the way through.
- Stir in spinach, keep stirring until just wilted.
- Serve and garnish with mint or cilantro and salt.