Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a little different than any other sweet potato soup already posted on Recipezaar. It is quick & easy to put together and is very flavorful. If you like you may puree the soup after cooking and gradually add 1 1/2 cups of skim milk. I prefer having the texture of the vegetables and no milk. If you like stronger curry flavor add another 1/2 tsp. If you puree the soup & add the milk return it to the stove to heat but do not boil . This recipe modified & changed from a recipe I found on the Internet.
- 900 g vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3⁄4 cup sweet onion, Chopped
- 12 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled & grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Add everything to a large pot, stir well.
- Bring to a boil & simmer until the vegetables are cooked apprx 25 minutes.
Very satisfying soup. Pureed half in blender, then combined with unpureed half to add texture. Thanks for sharing!