Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, we love sweet potatoes and this would be a new way for us to enjoy them. From 12/01/13 Parade magazine for Hanukkah.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded (~4 small)
- 1 small onion, grated (70 g)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Transfer sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Add onion, raisins and flour.
- In a small bowl, combine eggs with curry powder and salt.
- Add egg mixture to potato mixture and mix with your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- For each latke, drop 1/3 cup of mixture into skillet and fry, pressing with a spatula to flatten. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes per side.
- Keep warm in 200F oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.