Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is so quick and easy because I can get pre-mashed kumara in tubs in the veggie section of my local Woolworths Supermarket. If it is not available to you prep time will obviously be much longer.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (your prefered brand)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 475 g kumara, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped (Cilantro)
- Heat oil in saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic and curry powder cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and mash and bring to the boil, stirring until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Served with warmed naan bread if desired.
This soup was wonderful! Very creamy and healthy and amazing and easy! Thanks for the recipe!
We loved this TRUE! Added extra garlic and curry powder too! SO quick, easy to do! Who said had to spend lots of time in the kitchen to have a healthy meal...thanks from me to YOU!
Beautiful & Spicey