Recipe by Calms79
This is so quick and easy because I can get pre-mashed kumara in tubs in the veggie section of my local Woolworths Supermarket. If it is not available to you prep time will obviously be much longer.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (your prefered brand)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 475 g kumara, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped (Cilantro)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in saucepan over low heat. Add onion, garlic and curry powder cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and mash and bring to the boil, stirring until smooth. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sour cream and coriander and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Served with warmed naan bread if desired.