Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
I have recently been on a hunt for some meat free dining options for a variety of reasons. I found this on vegetariantimes.com They sound amazing! "These Indian-inspired fritters also make great hors d’oeuvres—simply use scant 1-tablespoon dollops of the fritter mixture when cooking!"
Top Review by Starrynews
Very nice - a great and different dish. I found it most effective to give the mixture a good stir before adding the next batch to the pan to redistribute the egg mixture. Thanks for sharing! Veg*n Swap 37
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fine yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and grated (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea, thawed
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together eggs, cornmeal, curry powder, and ginger in large bowl. Stir in sweet potato, onion, peas, and poppy seeds, if using. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat large skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Scoop sweet potato mixture onto hot skillet in 1/4-cup dollops, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Flip, and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, or until golden brown on second side.
- Transfer to plate, and keep warm. Repeat with remaining sweet potato mixture until you have 12 Fritters.