Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup water
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- 5 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes (about 3 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain fat-free yogurt, divided
- minced fresh chives (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in curry and allspice; cook 1 minute. Add water, broth, sweet potato, and salt.
- Cook 25 minutes or until potato is tender. Place half of sweet potato mixture in a blender; process until smooth.
- Repeat procedure with remaining sweet potato mixture.
- Return puréed sweet potato mixture to pan. Bring bisque to a boil; remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup yogurt until blended. Top each serving with about 1 tablespoon yogurt; garnish with chives, if desired.
Delicious soup! Perfect texture and spiced just right. I used a mild curry powder, but hot would be great as well. I garnished with fresh chopped parsley. Thanx for sharing!