Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Absoolutely delicious soup. Sophisticated flavour. Ihad this at 3 Guys and a Stove in Huntsville Ontario (a resort town in the Muskokas). The owner, Jeff Suddaby, was the host of the "Who's Coming for Dinner" TV Show.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, reserved for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat evaporated milk
- Heat non-stick fry pan, add oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
- Add stock, sweet potato, pumpkin, curry, cilantro, honey and ginger.
- Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Combine in food processor or blender until smooth.
- You can store in fridge for up to 4 days.
- To serve, heat up soup while stirring in milk. Use only enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnsh with Cilantro if desired.
I had this soup at the restaurant on a Friday and faithfully duplicated (but doubled) the recipe at home on Sunday. It just wasn't as flavourful at home. I ended up grating more ginger and squeezing the juice into the already puréed soup together with some additional curry powder. In the end, I also added about a teaspoon of salt as a brightener. It was good but not as good as what I had had at Three Guys.