Recipe by Dannygirl
Absoolutely delicious soup. Sophisticated flavour. Ihad this at 3 Guys and a Stove in Huntsville Ontario (a resort town in the Muskokas). The owner, Jeff Suddaby, was the host of the "Who's Coming for Dinner" TV Show.
Top Review by Too Many Pots, Not Enough Dishwasher
I had this soup at the restaurant on a Friday and faithfully duplicated (but doubled) the recipe at home on Sunday. It just wasn't as flavourful at home. I ended up grating more ginger and squeezing the juice into the already puréed soup together with some additional curry powder. In the end, I also added about a teaspoon of salt as a brightener. It was good but not as good as what I had had at Three Guys.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, reserved for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat non-stick fry pan, add oil.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
- Add stock, sweet potato, pumpkin, curry, cilantro, honey and ginger.
- Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Combine in food processor or blender until smooth.
- You can store in fridge for up to 4 days.
- To serve, heat up soup while stirring in milk. Use only enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
- Garnsh with Cilantro if desired.