Absoolutely delicious soup. Sophisticated flavour. Ihad this at 3 Guys and a Stove in Huntsville Ontario (a resort town in the Muskokas). The owner, Jeff Suddaby, was the host of the "Who's Coming for Dinner" TV Show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups mashed cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro, plus
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro, reserved for garnish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup 2% low-fat evaporated milk
- 1Heat non-stick fry pan, add oil.
- 2Add onion and garlic and saute until onion softens (about 5 minutes).
- 3Add stock, sweet potato, pumpkin, curry, cilantro, honey and ginger.
- 4Simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.
- 5Combine in food processor or blender until smooth.
- 6You can store in fridge for up to 4 days.
- 7To serve, heat up soup while stirring in milk. Use only enough milk to reach your desired consistency.
- 8Garnsh with Cilantro if desired.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.8
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat evaporated milk