Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This came from the cookbook: "Cooking by the Seasons: Simple Vegetarian Feasts" by Karri Ann Allrich.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 dash red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons red onions, very finely minced
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- white pepper
- sweet paprika, for garnishing
- chives, chopped, for garnishing or cilantro, for garnishing
Directions See How It's Made
- Carefully slice eggs in half, lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks into a small mixing bowl.
- Mash yolks with a fork, then add enough mayonnaise to moisten and combine. Add dash of vinegar and the mustard, combine well.
- Add onion, jalapeno pepper, and curry, mixing until smooth and creamy. (Add a bit more mayo if the mixture seems too stiff.).
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling carefully into egg halves and place on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle eggs with paprika, and garnish with chives or cilantro if desired.