- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 lbs string beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onion in oil until lightly browned.
- Add garlic and sauté briefly.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Add water to just barely cover string beans.
- Mix well.
- Partially cover and cook on low flame for approximately 40 minutes,until string beans are tender and liquid is partially absorbed (the sauce should be thick).