Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The title sums it all up. A lovely autumnal side dish that is very easy, delicious & healthy. A crock pot recipe that doesn't take all day! **I used frozen squash which worked great. Please note that whichever brand I used - it may or may not hold true for all brands - the dice was small. The apples need to be about the same size as the squash. Fresh squash probably will be ready quicker.
- 29.58 ml butter
- 473.18 ml leeks, chopped
- 709.77 ml apples, peeled, cored & diced small
- 453.59 g butternut squash, diced small (fresh or frozen)
- 236.59 ml apple cider
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- salt & pepper
- In a small pan, saute leeks in butter until softened then add to crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crockpot & stir.
- Cook 1 1/2 - 2 hours on high until bubbly & the apples are softened.
- Taste to check for seasoning. Add salt & pepper to taste.
What a winner! When the recipe is cooking the house is filled with a wonderful aroma - I couldn't wait to taste it and when I did the flavor was heavenly! The curry gives it punch but does not overbear the fresh apple taste. I didn't have any cider so I used apple juice - it worked. Cooked on high for 2 1/2 hours using fresh squash, This is a comfort food that will be made again over the Winter months - Thanks Elmotoo for a real GEM