Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a delicous, low fat soup! Sweet and Savory. I usually only puree part of the soup, because I like it chunky. I also make it in BIG Batches, because I cut-up and measure the squash first and then add more of the other ingredients to match. If you do that, you will need to add less water. This soup freezes well!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 3⁄4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 3 3⁄4 cups chopped golden delicious apples (about 1 1/2 pound)
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons curry powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, cook 5 minutes until soft.
- Add squash and remaining ingredients, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Place ½ of squash mixture in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Pour pureed soup into a large bowl; repeat process with remaining squash mixture.