Recipe by l'ecole
Found this recipe on the internet somewhere when I was looking for a curried winter squash soup recipe, as we grow buttercup squash in our garden. There was another recipe that looked interesting, but this had fewer ingredients so I thought I'd try it first. I've never tried the other; this is fool-proof and everyone *adores* it!
- 3 lbs winter squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the squash in chicken broth until it has softened.
- Stir in curry and peanut butter.
- Either use an immersion blender, or let cool a bit and put in a blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If the consistency isn't thick enough, just let it simmer a bit more!
- Serve with a salad and crusty bread.