Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious dish best eaten cold, and can be made with or without a crust. Baked in the oven, it comes out nice and solid. It keeps very well in the fridge but does not freeze well.
- 10 eggs
- 29.58 ml curry powder
- 14.79 ml turmeric powder
- 473.18 ml spinach (thinly-sliced, lightly packed)
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 59.14 ml yellow onion (caramelized)
- 1.23 ml salt (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 pie crust (thin) (optional)
- Whisk the eggs together, then add the spices and whisk very well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pour into the crust (in a greased pie mold). You can keep some of the grated cheese aside to garnish the top of the quiche.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes. Let it rest a while before cutting. If you aren`t using a pie crust, bake for about 25 minutes.
- ******Caramelized onions are amazing and sweet. You can make them by thinly-slicing yellow onions, then cooking them at medium-low heat on the stove top in some oil and/or margarine. The longer and lower heat the better, but you can bring up the heat to make them quicker. It can take 15-45 minutes. Don`t stir them too often, you want them to brown underneath. Once they`re getting nice and brown, add some brown sugar, stir, and then add a bit of water. This will get all that delicious sticky flavor from the pan into your onions. If you don`t want to go through the trouble, you can just add thinly-sliced yellow onion and brown sugar to your mixture instead.