Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
The onions and garlic are cooked in this recipe. There are plenty of live food enzymes left to ease digestion. This is a good transitional recipe that will entice a non-raw foodie. Leftovers can be added to your green smoothie. From Alive.
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup unripe coconut meat or 1 1⁄2 cups organic coconut milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder or 1 -2 teaspoon curry paste
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut water
- Coarsely chop spinach and set aside in large serving bowl.
- Heat water in large saucepan and add onions, garlic and chili.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix with spinach and keep warm.
- The spinach will wilt slightly.
- Combine cashews, lime juice, coconut meat, curry powder or paste and salt in a blender and puree until fairly smooth.
- Gradually blend in coconut water.
- A few remaining little cashew chunks are fine.
- Set aside over bowl of warm water, or place in dehydrator or warming oven.
- Drizzle cashew mixture over the spinach/onion mixture.
- Serve on a bed of wild rice or with julienned zucchini noodles.
- Garnish with fresh peach slices and a sprinkle of cashews.