The onions and garlic are cooked in this recipe. There are plenty of live food enzymes left to ease digestion. This is a good transitional recipe that will entice a non-raw foodie. Leftovers can be added to your green smoothie. From Alive.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small green chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup unripe coconut meat or 1 1/2 cups organic coconut milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder or 1 -2 teaspoon curry paste
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1Coarsely chop spinach and set aside in large serving bowl.
- 2Heat water in large saucepan and add onions, garlic and chili.
- 3Cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Mix with spinach and keep warm.
- 5The spinach will wilt slightly.
- 6Combine cashews, lime juice, coconut meat, curry powder or paste and salt in a blender and puree until fairly smooth.
- 7Gradually blend in coconut water.
- 8A few remaining little cashew chunks are fine.
- 9Set aside over bowl of warm water, or place in dehydrator or warming oven.
- 10Drizzle cashew mixture over the spinach/onion mixture.
- 11Serve on a bed of wild rice or with julienned zucchini noodles.
- 12Garnish with fresh peach slices and a sprinkle of cashews.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Spinach With Cashews (Raw Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.0
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 505.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: