Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've used this at potlucks and dinner parties. It serves 12 people, so feel free to adjust to your needs. The dressing shouldn't be added until just before serving. Prep time includes the sitting time for the dressing!
- 907.18 g fresh spinach
- 3 golden delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 158.51 ml dry roasted salted peanut
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml green onion, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds, toasted
- 118.29 ml white wine vinegar
- 14.79 ml chutney, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 1.23 ml hot sauce
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry. Tear into bite size pieces.
- Combine spinach, apple, peanuts, raisins, green onions, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Dressing: Combine white wine vinegar, chutney, salt, curry powder, dry mustard, and hot sauce. Gradually add oil, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.
I loved this salad! I truly wasn't sure what to expect - especially with the chutney in the dressing, but I loved every bite of it. The mango chutney and the curry added such great flavor while there were lots of textures that were great. Thanks breezermom for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT8 - India.
Other than halving the recipe made this as posted, except cut down a little bit on the raisins. The dfressing was exceptionally flavorful, and made for a nice compliment with dinner . Made for a nice twist on a salad, that was served with a Spinach Pie that made for a nice complete meal. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
Outstanding - I made it more intensely flavored by doubling all the dressing ingredients except the vinegar, oil and salt. Love the combo of ingredients and curry/chutney flavor, which I don't think I've had before in a salad. Direction #3 should probably be moved up to #1, since you don't need to assemble the salad until your dressing has stood for two hours.