Recipe by breezermom
I've used this at potlucks and dinner parties. It serves 12 people, so feel free to adjust to your needs. The dressing shouldn't be added until just before serving. Prep time includes the sitting time for the dressing!
Top Review by lazyme
I loved this salad! I truly wasn't sure what to expect - especially with the chutney in the dressing, but I loved every bite of it. The mango chutney and the curry added such great flavor while there were lots of textures that were great. Thanks breezermom for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT8 - India.
- 2 lbs fresh spinach
- 3 golden delicious apples, unpeeled, cored, and sliced
- 2⁄3 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chutney, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from spinach; wash leaves thoroughly, and pat dry. Tear into bite size pieces.
- Combine spinach, apple, peanuts, raisins, green onions, and sesame seeds in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Dressing: Combine white wine vinegar, chutney, salt, curry powder, dry mustard, and hot sauce. Gradually add oil, beating with a wire whisk until blended. Cover and let stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.