Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy, spicy, elegant dish that's great for entertaining, but just as great for any weeknight. Serve with your favorite rice dish.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 9 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in skillet.
- Add onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add the spinach and the spices.
- Cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Remove the spinach mixture fromt he heat and set aside.
- CHICKEN ROULADE.
- place a chicken breast half between two sheets of plastic and pound with rolling pin or mallet until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Repeat with all chicken breasts.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, butter and turmeric and mix well.
- Brush the lime juice mixture over one side of each chicken piece.
- Turn the chicken pieces over and spread the unseasoned sides evenly with about 3 tablespoons of the filling.
- Starting with the short side of the chicken, roll each breast up tightly.
- Place each chicken breast seam side down in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Slice the roulades crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices and arrange overlapping on the plate.