1/1 Photo of Curried Spinach Balls
2 hrs 20 mins
These balls go well with pasta, rice or new potatoes. The curry flavor is mild and enhances the spinach flavour
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or 1 tablespoon lite olive oil
- 1 lb fresh spinach (a large handful for each person)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup canned condensed tomato soup (or if you prefer used canned cream of mushroom)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1Chop the spinach.
- 2Melt butter (or oil) in a large saucepan.
- 3Saute garlic and onions until light brown.
- 4Add chopped spinach, salt and pepper.
- 5Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 min (or until the spinach is wilted).
- 6Remove from heat and drain the spinach well.
- 7squeeze it slightly.
- 8Stir in breadcrumbs,parmesan cheese and the eggs.
- 9Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 10Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 11Pour sauce (Soup) into a 9" baking dish.
- 12Mix in curry powder.
- 13Shape spinach mixture into 2" balls.
- 14Arrange the balls in a single layer.
- 15Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- 16Half way through cooking gently turn the balls so the balls are rotated in the sauce.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Spinach Balls
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.9
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 115.5 mg
- Sodium 885.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 12.1 g