Recipe by dicentra
This recipe is from Tanzania. It takes very little time and is really fantastic. Even better the second day for lunch. I added ½ a brick of firm tofu and served it over quinoa, but it would also be good over basmati rice or noodles.
Top Review by ChezPuppy
Has potential, but didn't come out quite like I hoped. 2lbs. of spinach seemed like a lot, and I ended up using about 8oz, which might be why. I also found I liked the texture better when pureed in the blender immediately before serving. Next time I will try more spinach and less coconut milk.
- 2 lbs spinach
- 1 1⁄2 ounces smooth peanut butter
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (I think I used the entire can)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop the veggies.
- Mix the peanut butter with the coconut milk.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the veggies with the salt and curry powder for about 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add spinach and cook for 15 minutes longer.
- Add peanut butter and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve over rice.