Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from Tanzania. It takes very little time and is really fantastic. Even better the second day for lunch. I added ½ a brick of firm tofu and served it over quinoa, but it would also be good over basmati rice or noodles.
- 2 lbs spinach
- 1 1⁄2 ounces smooth peanut butter
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (I think I used the entire can)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- Chop the veggies.
- Mix the peanut butter with the coconut milk.
- Heat oil in a skillet and sauté the veggies with the salt and curry powder for about 5 minutes or until the onion is softened.
- Add spinach and cook for 15 minutes longer.
- Add peanut butter and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until heated through.
- Serve over rice.
Has potential, but didn't come out quite like I hoped. 2lbs. of spinach seemed like a lot, and I ended up using about 8oz, which might be why. I also found I liked the texture better when pureed in the blender immediately before serving. Next time I will try more spinach and less coconut milk.
Very good. I used roughly cut frozen spinach, which worked fine.