Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
It is surprising how some items you think would never go together do!! This recipe suited my taste. . . hope it does yours too!!
- 4 lbs spareribs, cut into serving size pieces (baby back if possible)
- 6 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or more if you like)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (5 ounce) jar applesauce (baby food jar)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine ribs with 4 Tbs onion and peppercorns in a large pot.
- Cover with water and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slowly cook curry powder in butter for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients plus 2 Tbs water.
- Place ribs in single layer on a grill (10 inches from coal).
- Brush with curry sauce.
- Grill turning often and brushing with sauce for 45 minutes or until tender and browned.