Recipe by Bill Hilbrich
An interesting meal using shelf stable ingredients, that was written for a solo meal but could be expanded to feed a family.
Top Review by chef313633
I am making this again today and realized I never rated it.My whole family loves it.It is quick tasty and easy to throw together after work and al in one pan.Thanks for posting.
- 1⁄2 cup Spam, diced
- 1⁄3 cup onion, diced
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms, and the liquid
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup raw rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the olive oil and the butter to a hot 12 inch frying pan, that has a tight fitting lid, and sir until melted.
- Add the onion and saute until transparent, followed by the drained mushrooms and continue to saute the mixture.
- Add the curry powder and spam and when the spam starts to brown, add the rice and stir until all the grains are covered in the oil/butter.
- Add enough chicken broth to the liquid from the mushroom can to bring the total to 2/3 cup of liquid, pour into the pan.
- Put on the cover, lower the heat to the minimum flame and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat DO NOT PEEK and allow to sit for an additional 15 minutes.
- Taste and adjust the flavors with the pepper.