Prep 12 mins
Cook 15 mins
Bought too much...had to come up with an idea and this was it! This will freeze well too.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mushrooms, thick sliced
- 1 lb snap peas, stringless (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon curry powder (I used 11/2 tsp)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth (can use water)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- In large skillet, heat oil and butter to just sizzle stage. Add mushrooms and immediately toss. Mushrooms will soak up most of the oil. Season with garlic powder,salt and pepper. Cook on medium-high 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add rest of seasonings and onion. Lower heat to medium. Stir well.
- Add snap peas and chicken broth. Stir well.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to finish cooking off heat, covered, without stirring another 5 minutes.
- Snap peas and onions will be crisp-tender.
Well high praise from my friend that I served this recipe to ( hey I had some too). She is a very fussy eater and "Likes her veggies plain" She loved this recipe. I served it to her with steamed carrots and grilled tofu. I had it with left over Pork & Black Bean Caserole MMM from both counts thanks Happy Harry for posting
Wonderful dish for snap peas! I really didn't measure the mushrooms, I just threw in a couple of big handfuls. We loved the seasonings also, but I omitted the coriander as I did not have any on hand. This is a repeater, we really enjoyed this side dish! thanks so much for sharing...Kitten:)