1/3 Photos of Curried Shrimp With Peas
i whipped this up for dinner last night after a week of working many long hours. this was quick, easy and tasty. i steamed some jasmine rice in the rice cooker while i prepared this, and served this with my asian slaw. the leftovers were just as good the next day for lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste
- 3 scallions, sliced
- cooked rice
- 1in a skillet melt butter.
- 2add garlic and mushrooms.
- 3sprinkle with curry powder, stirring.
- 4add shrimp and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- 5in a large bowl whisk coconut milk, lime juice and wine with cornstarch, until well blended.
- 6pour into skillet,stir in sambaal olek to taste.
- 7bring to boil,stirring, and lower heat to a simmer.
- 8cook until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- 9add the peas, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring.
- 10add scallions, stirring.
- 11serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Shrimp With Peas
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.1
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 228.4 mg
- Sodium 360.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light coconut milk