Recipe by Oolala
From a food magazine. I don't know which one since it was before I started with Zaar and didn't keep track. The cool cucumber vinaigrette balances the sweetness and mild heat of the curried shrimp. The recipe has this cook's note: viniagrette and shrimp can be prepared 1 day ahead of serving and chilled separately, covered.
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, about 20-24, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cucumber, cut into sticks, as an accompaniment
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the English cucumber with vinegar in a blender until smooth.
- Add sesame oil and blend until emulsified.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat shrimp dry and sprinkle with curry powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoons vegetable oil in a 12" nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- saute shrimp in 2 batches, turning them until golden brown and just cooked through, 2-3 minutes, (if necessary, add more oil to the skillet for the second batch.).
- Transfer shrimp to a plate to cool.
- Serve the shrimp at room temperature with vinaigrette and sliced cucumber sticks for dipping.