Recipe by Mary K. W.
I saw this recipe from a local newspaper. I haven't tried it yet, but definitely will. I wanted to make sure I can find it when I'm ready, so I'm entering it out here. I don't see another recipe like this. While it doesn't say specifically, I would guess this should be served over rice or pasta.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Made and enjoyed this last night, quickly prepared and served with rice that I rescued from the freezer and 'stir-fried' in sesame oil, with added a little extra coriander and fish sauce. The sauce was a little thin so I added some cornflour to thicken, and I also added a green pepper, sliced, to the shrimps, for some colour and crunch. A good meal for a quick mid-week supper, I will make this again, thanks, Mary :D
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat, heat oil in skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic. Cook and stir about 2 minutes until tender.
- Add curry powder. Cook and stir about 1 minute until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the broth and bring to simmer.
- Add the lime juice and shrimp. Simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.