Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this recipe from a local newspaper. I haven't tried it yet, but definitely will. I wanted to make sure I can find it when I'm ready, so I'm entering it out here. I don't see another recipe like this. While it doesn't say specifically, I would guess this should be served over rice or pasta.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth or 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Over medium heat, heat oil in skillet.
- Add shallots and garlic. Cook and stir about 2 minutes until tender.
- Add curry powder. Cook and stir about 1 minute until the mixture becomes fragrant.
- Add the broth and bring to simmer.
- Add the lime juice and shrimp. Simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, serve immediately.
Made and enjoyed this last night, quickly prepared and served with rice that I rescued from the freezer and 'stir-fried' in sesame oil, with added a little extra coriander and fish sauce. The sauce was a little thin so I added some cornflour to thicken, and I also added a green pepper, sliced, to the shrimps, for some colour and crunch. A good meal for a quick mid-week supper, I will make this again, thanks, Mary :D
This was very good. I made a half recipe for 2 of us using Icelandic baby shrimp + broth made from a seafood boullion cube we get here that works very well for soups, etc. I added snow peas & mushrooms as I favor the combo w/shrimp, knew they would add a textural variant & I wanted to introduce a veggie component for a 1-dish meal. Served over rice, this was an easy fix w/a yummy outcome. Thx for sharing the recipe w/us.
This was very yummy. My first curry dish, that I can remember making. I served it over angelhair pasta. The only complaint was that the sauce was rather runny, but this being my first curry dish, I'm not sure that it wasn't supposed to be that way. Regardless the flavor is great and DH and DD enjoyed it as much as I did. Thanks for the great recipe.