Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We just made this again and everyone likes it (except for the shrimp hater). It's not too strong a curry flavor as made. Add more if you like it stronger.
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen green pea
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons curry paste
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 -2 teaspoon roasted sesame oil
- Coat a large, nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for about 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink and are thoroughly cooked.
- Add the peas, broth and curry paste, reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for a minute or two or just until the peas are thawed and heated through.
- Add the rice and sesame oil. Toss the mixture gently over medium heat for a minute or two or until heated through.
- Add more broth if mixture seems too dry. Serve hot.
Awesome recipe! I added some yellow peppers for more color. Very spicy with heat! Loved it!
Very good and fast! I tagged this in Review Tag because I wanted to use up some curry paste only to discover I didn't have any when I made it, so I improvised by using a little bit of pesto and 2 teaspoons of curry powder to make the paste - it worked great for a very enjoyable quick supper. Thanks for sharing!
This was a wonderful quick meal. I made up minute brown rice and already peeled shrimp, and this was done 1n 15 minutes. Used a little extra curry paste and garnished with our favorite toppings of coconut, cashews and mango chutney.