1 hr 10 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I came across this recipe when I was looking for something to do with one-half pound left over boiled shrimp. I posted the recipe with the cooking times as stated, but I found that after parboiling the zucchini the skin was very soft and had a tendency to tear so be very gentle when working with the skins. You could even just put the stuffing in a casserole dish and bake it and not bother with the zucchini shells. Also, to lighten it up a bit I would substitute chicken broth for the heavy whipping cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 small zucchini (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cooked, peeled & coarsely chopped
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced & coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Slice zucchini in half lengthwise.
- 2Drop into large pot of boiling water and parboil for 5 minutes.
- 3Carefully remove after 5 minutes and let cool until able to handle.
- 4Gently scoop out pulp reserving shells.
- 5Drain pulp in colander and mash until fairly dry.
- 6In large heavy skillet melt butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- 7Add mushrooms and onions to skillet.
- 8Saute until soft about 15 minutes.
- 9Add reserved zucchini pulp and seasonings mixing well.
- 10Add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- 11Place reserved zucchini shells on baking sheet.
- 12Divide shrimp mixture evenly between zucchini shells.
- 13Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 619.8
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 292.4 mg
- Sodium 1483.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 33.4 g