Recipe by KTDances
Absolutely scrumptious party perfect salad. Especially grand for luncheons. Best if made at least one day before serving so the flavors meld.
- 3 cups shrimp, cooked
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 2 cups peas
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chutney
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup French dressing
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (3 ounce) jar pimientos
- 8 ounces slivered raw almonds
- 1 dash garlic salt
- 1 head butter lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the shrimp and rice (not together).
- Chop celery.
- Toast the slivered almonds on a baking sheet in your oven.
- Set aside half the slivered almonds.
- When everything has cooled, mix together and add your dash of garlic salt.
- Refrigerate until serving day (1-2 days later).
- Serve on butter lettuce.
- Sprinkle with reserved slivered almonds.