Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another tasty treat from the Thrifty's flyer. Delicious! Best if you can make up the shrimp mixture a little ahead so the flavors have time to blend.
- 1 cup baby shrimp (250 grams)
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder (mild or medium)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (freshly squeezed if possible)
- 1 -2 sweet potato, unpeeled and thinly sliced (to make 12 chips)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Combine first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Cover and store in the fridge until needed.
- Heat oil to 350° and fry the sweet potato slices, 2 at a time, about 30 seconds a side, or until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels, and let cool to room temperature.
- When ready to serve arrange the sweet potato chips on a serving plate.
- Divide up shrimp mixture and spoon onto the sweet potato chips.
- Top the shrimp with a small dollop of the chutney.
- Garnish with the green onions.
- Serve immediately.