1 hr 8 mins
To me, this recipe ALWAYS represents summer. My mom would make this salad for our family only in the summer months. Everyone who tasted it wanted the recipe. NOTE: Prep time, does not include overnight chilling. The flavors are best when you allow them to chill overnight, but it is not absolutely necessary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups cooked elbow macaroni (About 2 Cups dry)
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salad oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip (Mayonnaise)
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 hard-boiled eggs (optional)
- 3 cups cooked baby shrimp
- 1Cook macaroni until just tender.
- 2Drain & rinse with cold water.
- 3Drain, again, well and put in large bowl.
- 4Mix vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and green pepper together.
- 5Combine with macaroni.
- 6Chill overnight.
- 7Combine Miracle Whip, curry powder and lemon juice.
- 8Chill overnight.
- 9Stir into the macaroni mixture, the chopped eggs, if you opted to use them, as well as shrimp.
- 10Stir in the Miracle Whip mixture until well coated.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Shrimp Macaroni Salaad
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 147.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: