Recipe by DailyInspiration
A Cooking Light recipes that says if peanut butter in the sauce is new to you, get ready for a tasty surprise. Recipe calls for fettuccine; however, you could definitely substitute brown rice or regular white rice.
- 8 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (1/2 inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While pasta cooks, place broth and next 5 ingredients (broth through ginger) in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, curry, and garlic; saute 3 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 6 minutes or until shrimp are done. Stir in peanut sauce; cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve over pasta and sprinkle with cilantro.