Recipe by threeovens
This is a curried dish that is made from coriander and cumin as the curry. Substitute curry powder if you are unable to get these spices. It also uses hot fresh peppers which can be either red or green, jalapeno or serrano. This goes great with Saffron Rice.
Top Review by Ang11002
This exceeded my expectations! I used curry powder, cumin & a bit of cardamom. I also used all sour cream. Delicious! The red pepper gave it a little kick but not too much that my 8 yr old didnt enjoy as well. Sauce was delicious but doing the low carb thing so ate solo. Thanks for posting! A definite repeat recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, raw
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno peppers, minced or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom or 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin or 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- / cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and devein shrimp. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno pepper and saute until softened, about 3 minutes. Add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring often, about 3 more minutes. Season with cardamom and cumin and stir. Add in the lime juice, sour cream, and yogurt. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and serve.