Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This works just as well over rice.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cleaned
- Have the spaghetti ready.
- In lg skillet, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add curry powder, milk,juice, and honey.
- Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch and water; add to pan, stirring.
- Reduce heat;add shrimp, cook on med for 5 minutes.
- Put spaghetti on plate; spoon sauce over.
This was really good. It was so delicate. I love the curry and the shrimp cooked up perfect! I thinned mine out with a little white wine also. We served it with Basmati rice and nan bread.
This was a glorious shrimp dish! Everyone at the table gave this 5+ stars! I used a pound & a half of shrimp. I also used minced fresh ginger in this to brighten it a little, along with sea salt and cracked black pepper. When I added the cornstarch mixture (in step 6) things got ultra thick, so I thinned the sauce with a healthy splash of white wine. I thought everything in this was just right; the lime juice was perfect, the honey was subtle (but there), the curry amount was right on, and the whole thing tasted like heaven over a nutty brown basmati rice. Bravo and thank you for posting this recipe!
Good recipe, but I would change some of the quantities. There was too much butter, and I would add salt and pepper. There was also significantly more sauce than pasta, maybe use 12 oz? Thanks MizzNezz.