Recipe by Oolala
Torn from one of my cookbooks that I picked up somewhere. I haven't made this yet but it seems interesting and easy. Goes well with fluffy rice and condiments such as: chopped banana, peanuts, raisins, chutney, fresh coconut chips, or chopped fresh peaches. If you want it spicy, add more curry powder to taste.
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, peeled, deveined
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Gently cook the onion and shrimp in the butter until the shrimp are cooked (they will turn pink), about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle shrimp with flour, salt, pepper, curry powder, ginger and sugar and stir until the flour has been absorbed.
- Add the sherry and 1 cup milk and stir quickly and constantly until mixture bubbles and thickens. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add more milk and return to the heat, stirring until mixture just reaches a slow boil. Remove from heat.
- Serve with rice and assorted condiments as listed in the description.