Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb cod or 1 lb other white fish fillet, poached,cooled and shredded with fingers
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, drained well (or more, if fresh, boil briefly to cook, if frozen, thaw and run under cold running water)
- 1⁄2 lb tinned crabmeat, drained and shredded (or more, sometimes I don't use the crab and just use more whitefish and shrimp to make it more econo)
- 1 bunch spring onion, cleaned,white and crisp green part chopped into 1/4 inch slices
- 4 -5 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, cut across into 1 inch strips
- 2 cups raw rice, boiled,drained and cooled (you can make the rice the day before)
- 1 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 -3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- In a humungous bowl (really big or a big pot), put in all dry ingredients.
- Mix up dressing in a small bowl, taste to make sure it is to your liking in seasoning (make the dressing sharper than you normally would - the rice needs it), and pour over ingredients in pot.
- With VERY clean hands, mix up the whole mess in the pot.
- Empty into a very large tupperware bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve: Line a large, pretty bowl with whole, washed Romaine lettuce leaves and put the Curried Seafood Salad in the middle with the green leaves jutting all around.
- Put the hearts of the two Romaine lettuce attractively in the middle.
i cut this recipe in half. i also used salmon instead of cod. i loved the flavors of the seafood and rice and the dressing was lovely.
Added grated carrots and slivered almonds. Really good on a hot July when you don't want to heat up the kitchen.