Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Based on a recipe from Linda Kearns’ cookbook, Eat To Beat Menopause. I serve this as either a light lunch or as a side salad to accompany my husband’s Tandoori Chicken.
- 1 small cauliflower, divided into florets
- 1 green chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise (225g)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked and peeled (4 cups or 500g)
- 1⁄2 head lettuce
- 3 fresh cilantro leaves (optional garnish)
- Cook cauliflower in lightly salted boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Drain and allow to cool.
- In large bowl combine mayonnaise, garam masala, paprika, chilli and green onions. Toss in the cauliflower and shrimp (prawns) and stir until coated.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve on a bed of torn lettuce leaves with cilantro (coriander) leaves sprinkled over the top if desired.
Yum! I made this for lunch and totally enjoyed it. I served the salad on top of mixed greens and really enjoyed the flavor. I'm not big on cilantro, so didn't add very much. The flavors really came together. Thanks Liisa for a nice keeper. Made for ZWT8 - India.