1 hr 30 mins
Friends of ours who live on the east coast made this while we were visiting. We loved it and make it when we can get fresh fish. Cook time is an estimate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 (8 ounce) bottles clam juice
- 4 cups peeled and diced white potatoes
- 4 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups chopped kale leaves
- 5 cups milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 lbs mixed fresh fish, cut into 1 inch pieces (I use cod, halibut, and haddock)
- salt and pepper
- 1On medium-high heat, cook bacon in a large saucepan for 5 minutes.
- 2Add onions and cook until onions are translucent.
- 3Add curry powder, continuing to cook and stir for about 30 seconds.
- 4Add in clam juice, potatoes, butternut squash, and bay leaves.
- 5Cook and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6Add chopped kale and simmer until vegetables are almost tender.
- 7Pour in milk, half and half and add thyme.
- 8Continue to cook until simmering.
- 9Ad fish and continue cooking until fish are cooked through.
- 10Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Throw out bay leaves.
- 12Ladle into soup bowls and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Seafood Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 456.5
- Calories from Fat 203
- Total Fat 22.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 939.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: