Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my favourite recipe for curried scallops. It is creamy and rich, with a nice tangy flavour to the sauce. This is the mixture I use for my curried scallop pies, or you can just serve it over rice.
- 500 g scallops
- 45 g butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 9.85 ml curry powder
- 354.88 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Melt butter, add onion and cook gently until softened.
- Add flour and curry powder, mix well.
- Gradually add milk and mayonnaise, stirring continuously.
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken, then add scallops.
- Leave on heat until scallops are just cooked - Don't over cook them!
- Remove from heat, add egg and lemon juice.
- Stir well, and serve hot over rice, or leave to cool and make into pies.
Yum! A really great curry for scallops, fairly mild from a heat point of view so it's doesn't overpower them but nice and creamy and the lemon gives it a nice twist so not too boring either. Would be a really good family recipe I feel suiting a wide range of tastes, my GF is not so much into hot curries and loved them while I found the flavours subtle but interesting so loved it as well.
Thanks sara, love this recipe. I tweeked it a little, I added 1 tbsp sugar and little garlic, and used sour cream in place of mayo, The egg seems to make it sooo creamy, yummmm.<br/>I also used this recipe for curried chicken, again adjusting a little. I didnt use lemon, instead of all milk I used half chicken stock, and added some vege. I sealed the chicken first, removed it and made the sauce, then put the chicken back in so it didnt dry out. Very versitile, love it, thanks again :)
Great quick fix meal. I seared my scallops first then followed the recipe for the curry sauce. Thanks for sharing!