Recipe by Sara 76
This is my favourite recipe for curried scallops. It is creamy and rich, with a nice tangy flavour to the sauce. This is the mixture I use for my curried scallop pies, or you can just serve it over rice.
Top Review by Peter J
Yum! A really great curry for scallops, fairly mild from a heat point of view so it's doesn't overpower them but nice and creamy and the lemon gives it a nice twist so not too boring either. Would be a really good family recipe I feel suiting a wide range of tastes, my GF is not so much into hot curries and loved them while I found the flavours subtle but interesting so loved it as well.
- 500 g scallops
- 45 g butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, add onion and cook gently until softened.
- Add flour and curry powder, mix well.
- Gradually add milk and mayonnaise, stirring continuously.
- Cook until sauce starts to thicken, then add scallops.
- Leave on heat until scallops are just cooked - Don't over cook them!
- Remove from heat, add egg and lemon juice.
- Stir well, and serve hot over rice, or leave to cool and make into pies.