Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is based on a dish my mother used to make. Substituting the Israeli couscous for normal couscous and adding the kale and sundried tomatoes really improves on her basic recipe and makes this a complete one-dish meal.
- Place onion, celery and carrot into a food processor and fine chop.
- Chop kale into 1" pieces and set aside in a bowl.
- Saute the mixture with the olive oil in a large sauce pot (at least 4qt.) until onions are soft at med-high temperature (about 5 minutes).
- Add sausage to mixture, and cook until done (break up the sausage and mix into the mirepoix so that it has a fine texture).
- Add kale to the mixture. Saute kale until it turns bright green (about 1-2 minutes).
- Turn heat to high. Add stock, curry powder and vinegar and bring to a boil.
- Add Israeli couscous and return to a boil.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer until couscous is done (about 20 minutes).
- Set aside for approximately 5 minutes and serve.