1/2 Photos of Curried Sauce for Rice
woodland hues's Note:
A simple sauce nicely laced with curry to enhance steamed rice. I've used this recipe since I got it in 1979 but have long forgotten the cookbook's title.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onions, reduce heat a touch, cook slowly until tender.
- 3Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, curry powder, lemon juice, and parsley.
- 4Spoon sauce over servings of hot rice.
- 5Sprinkle with a dash of paprika, if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Sauce for Rice
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.6
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 696.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g