Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple sauce nicely laced with curry to enhance steamed rice. I've used this recipe since I got it in 1979 but have long forgotten the cookbook's title.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, reduce heat a touch, cook slowly until tender.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, curry powder, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Spoon sauce over servings of hot rice.
- Sprinkle with a dash of paprika, if desired.
This was a nice basic sauce, but alone it isn't much. I added well diced carrots and potato and ended up almost tripling the amount of curry. It would have been slightly better with basmati rice, but I didn't have any so I used white rice. Even with as much curry as I used I still think it could have used some more kick.
Made this sauce last night over a bed of basmati rice. Just perfect . . . and for those that love curry spice (which I definitely do), this is easy and with a splash of nice flavor. Great.
We enjoyed this recipe. A great way to serve rice! We will be making this again. Thanks!