Recipe by woodland hues
A simple sauce nicely laced with curry to enhance steamed rice. I've used this recipe since I got it in 1979 but have long forgotten the cookbook's title.
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 7.39 ml curry powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, reduce heat a touch, cook slowly until tender.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, curry powder, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Spoon sauce over servings of hot rice.
- Sprinkle with a dash of paprika, if desired.