Recipe by woodland hues
A simple sauce nicely laced with curry to enhance steamed rice. I've used this recipe since I got it in 1979 but have long forgotten the cookbook's title.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions, reduce heat a touch, cook slowly until tender.
- Add chicken broth, salt, pepper, curry powder, lemon juice, and parsley.
- Spoon sauce over servings of hot rice.
- Sprinkle with a dash of paprika, if desired.