Recipe by Dee514
"Saratoga lamb chops" are made from a shoulder muscle which is rolled and fastened with small skewers to hold it together, and then cut into "chops" about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- 6 saratoga lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricots in syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (with tops)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain apricots, reserve syrup; set apricots and syrup aside.
- In a frying pan or skillet, brown chops in hot shortening; season with salt and pepper.
- Drain excess fat from pan.
- Add lemon juice, onion and curry to reserved syrup, mix well and pour over chops.
- Cover pan and simmer for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove chops from pan, and keep warm.
- Mix cornstarch with 1 Tablespoon cold water, sir into sauce.
- Cook and stir sauce until thick and bubbly.
- Add apricots, and heat through.
- Serve chops with sauce on a bed of rice.