Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
It's fun to try new ways to eat popcorn! This has curry and salt with a little turmeric. Be adventurous! Adpated from Rachael Ray's Big Orange cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I like olive oil or corn oil)
- 2 tablespoons hot melted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder (or if you prefer, use hot curry powder)
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Combine the popcorn and the oil in a large kettle or pot with a tight fitting lid and place over medium high heat.
- When the corn begins to pop, shake the pot constantly. When the popping slows, remove the pot from the heat and pour the butter over the top. Combine the spices and toss with the popped corn. Enjoy!
I enjoyed this. It's unusual by tasty. I cheated a bit and used microwave popcorn but everything else was prepared as directed. Made for ZWT6
This is great! There was a gentle kick from the curry I used and lots of flavor between that and the turmeric. I used just a sprinkle of salt due to personal tastes, and it was perfect for us. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
A great recipe and idea! I had never thought of this and my kids (surprisingly) really enjoyed it. As a notorious popcorn non-eater I can only go by my DH and the kids - the bowl was emtpy VERY quickly. Made fpr ZWT8, The Fearless Red Dragons