Recipe by OzLolly
My dad used to make this one when I was a kid. I think the original recipe was adapted from a Women's Weekly cookbook. I cook this from memory and by eye so I'm not sure that my measurements will be 100% accurate. This is great served hot or cold.
Top Review by Catherine Robson
Five stars for sure. I made for good friday and the whole family enjoyed. A nice curry flavour. I had a large can of salmon however so used most of the egg in the mix and the rest for the pastry. Final recipe reviewed in PAC 2012
- 210 g pink salmon, drained
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (increase if too dry)
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (or to taste)
- 2 sheets pre-rolled puff pastry sheets
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove large bones and skin from salmon. Flake salmon and crush fine bones.
- Combine salmon, carrot, cheese, onion, mayonnaise and curry powder. Add extra mayonnaise if mixture is dry and crumbly. The mixture should be "sticky".
- On a greased oven slide, place one sheet of frozen puff pastry. Spread salmon mixture over sheet, leaving about 1 inch edge.
- Top with other sheet of puff pastry and press around edges to seal.
- Cut 3 slits into the top sheet of pastry to allow filling to vent steam.
- Brush pastry lightly with beaten egg and bake in a hot oven, 220°C, for 15-20 minutes or until golden.