My dad used to make this one when I was a kid. I think the original recipe was adapted from a Women's Weekly cookbook. I cook this from memory and by eye so I'm not sure that my measurements will be 100% accurate. This is great served hot or cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove large bones and skin from salmon. Flake salmon and crush fine bones.
- 2Combine salmon, carrot, cheese, onion, mayonnaise and curry powder. Add extra mayonnaise if mixture is dry and crumbly. The mixture should be "sticky".
- 3On a greased oven slide, place one sheet of frozen puff pastry. Spread salmon mixture over sheet, leaving about 1 inch edge.
- 4Top with other sheet of puff pastry and press around edges to seal.
- 5Cut 3 slits into the top sheet of pastry to allow filling to vent steam.
- 6Brush pastry lightly with beaten egg and bake in a hot oven, 220°C, for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Salmon Pastry
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.3
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 662.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 20.3 g