Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I like to add in a couple tablespoons of fresh lemon juice also! Please adjust the curry powder to taste. This recipe will make four about 3/4-inch patties but can easily be doubled. Plan ahead the patties need to chill for 1 hour before frying.
Top Review by SarahCKS
Made these salmon cakes over the weekend and I'm still enjoying the leftovers. I increased the amount of curry powder and added some lemon juice, as suggested, but did not otherwise alter the recipe. I served these cakes with a honey mustard lime sauce. Very delicious.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) salmon (use red or pink salmon, drained and bones removed)
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped apple)
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb (more if needed)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (can use more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl break up the salmon with a fork; add in eggs, apple, bread crumbs, onions, mayo, curry powder and paprika; mix to combine well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste (if the mixture is too soft add in a little more bread crumbs if needed).
- Shape into four patties; place on a plate, cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat; add in the patties and fry until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes per side).