1/1 Photo of Curried Salmon Cakes
1 hr 10 mins
I like to add in a couple tablespoons of fresh lemon juice also! Please adjust the curry powder to taste. This recipe will make four about 3/4-inch patties but can easily be doubled. Plan ahead the patties need to chill for 1 hour before frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) salmon (use red or pink salmon, drained and bones removed)
- 1 small apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped apple)
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb (more if needed)
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (can use more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1In a bowl break up the salmon with a fork; add in eggs, apple, bread crumbs, onions, mayo, curry powder and paprika; mix to combine well.
- 2Season with salt and pepper to taste (if the mixture is too soft add in a little more bread crumbs if needed).
- 3Shape into four patties; place on a plate, cover and chill for a minimum of 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- 4Heat oil in a frypan over medium heat; add in the patties and fry until golden brown (about 4-5 minutes per side).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Salmon Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (742 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.8
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 162.9 mg
- Sodium 209.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 25.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: